Wednesday, May 6, 2009

39 Days Left!

Today I had another of my usual weekly checkups... and we are still on for an induction on June 15th. Yay! The mini-man didn't really feel like cooperating during the checkup though; my midwife was trying to get his heartbeat with the doppler but he was all scrunched up in there in an odd position, so she had to use the ultrasound to take a look. I'm not complaining, I got to see him again! (But she didn't print out any photos, she was just taking a quick look for his heartbeat. Oh well, I was excited to see him either way!) Everything is going well in his warm cozy little uterine home. He's been breakdancing and kicking me like it's nobody's business, and I could have sworn he might have dropped last night because I've been feeling a lot of pressure, but it may still be too early.

Let me add that sleeping at night has become a task in itself... it's harder and harder to get comfortable and half the time I don't fall asleep until midnight, or 1 in the morning even... I miss sleeping on my belly!

Off topic... I went out for dinner tonight to a Korean restaurant in the area... I was trying to get some Thai food but there wasn't any place close by, so I figured I'd try something new... I have no idea what exactly it was that I ate, other than it was a big bowl full of rice, beef, a bunch of vegetables I've never seen before and couldn't identify, and a fried egg on top. However, it was DELICIOUS... I would go back again. And it was an authentic Korean restaurant, where you don't get a fork to eat your dinner with. You better know how to use chopsticks! (Luckily, I have somewhat mastered that fine art long ago!) It was amazing. I only hope the baby will grow up to be as adventuous an eater as I am!

Jon will be graduating his first portion of his Riverine combat/gun training this Friday, I'm really proud of him! He did a great job and put up with a lot of stuff while he was there... so he gets to come home for the weekend, which will be nice. The he has 7 more weeks of more extensive training, and he'll be back at home for a long time. As of right now we're still not sure if he'll be at the birth, but we both have our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment