Friday, July 10, 2009

Tyler's rough morning

It's been a little while since I updated... if anyone has a Facebook, there are a couple of short video clips I posted on there of Tyler (I think I may be able to post them here as well but I'll have to spend some time tinkering and figuring it out) but if you get a chance, check them out! Just look me up. :o)

Tyler had a rough morning today... I had my 6 week postpartum checkup today (holy cow it's already been 6 weeks) and before we left, I was changing his diaper on the living room floor and he peed all over the blanket I had him laid on. So of course that also required a change of clothes before we left. THEN right as I pulled into the parking lot at the clinic, he spit up all down the front of himself in the car seat, so that required some thorough wiping down before we went inside (I didn't happen to bring a change of clothes with me). My appointment was great, and the midwife said I am all good to go on exercising and resuming normal activities again, I'm healthy as can be. Yay!

So after the appointment Tyler and I returned home and I set him in his swing for a little bit while I got some things done around the house, and he had an explosive diaper. Lovely. So as I was changing that mess, once again he peed all over the living room carpet. You'd think I would have learned my lesson at this point, but I didn't. So the poor little guy spent the morning covered in all kinds of bodily fluid excrecions, and I decided he needed a good bath. Fortunately, Tyler is starting to enjoy bath times now which is great! He used to hate them but now he will sit contentedly while I prop him up and soap him down... what a good little guy!

He also took his first "dip in the pool" today... I set up the little inflatable wading pool I bought months ago when I was still pregnant (thinking I'd sit in it when I got too hot, but I never got around to setting it up) and I took Tyler outside and just dipped his feet in the water... he wasn't thrilled at first but he started to take to the water okay. I don't think he's ready to fully get in there even with someone holding him just yet, but for now we can stick his little feet in there when it gets too hot.

He is doing very well and I will be heading back to work on Monday... it's going to be hard to not be able to spend all day with him anymore but he will be getting excellent care. The daycare provider I found for him is wonderful and she's a super nice person, keeps a very neat and clean house, and is pursuing her master's degree in early childhood education. I feel at ease leaving him with her while I go to work, knowing he will be treated well and looked after by a great childcare provider.

And here is Tyler this morning in his swing after he had his bath... he's getting chunky, and I love him to pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment