Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More good news

I called the NICU at 8:30 this morning to check in on Tyler, and the nurse said overnight they turned down his oxygen level gradually so he's gone from 40% when we saw him yesterday afternoon to 30% this morning... and he's still tolerating it very well, so they will continue to turn the levels down slowly. He may be fully off the ventilator by the end of the day, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Maybe tomorrow I will finally get to hold him!!!

Just wanted to post a short little update, Tyler's Grammy, Poppop, and I are heading back to the hospital again this afternoon to spend some time with him, I'll try to actually take some more pictures of him too. I can't wait to see him, and I'm so happy he's getting better and better!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news Amanda! Tony, Maddie and I are praying for Tyler, and of course you and Jon. If there is anything you need, let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear he's doing better! I hope you get to hold him again soon. I can't wait to see him again too once you get to bring him home, I didn't even touch his hand or anything after he was born... I'll probably contact you later this week, since I should have some updates of my own here pretty soon! :)

    ReplyDelete