Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A week alone with Tyler

Whoever coined the phrase "It takes a village to raise a child" wasn't kidding. It's not an easy job being a single parent (temporarily until Jon gets back on Friday, anyway). I'm trying to type this with one hand while I hold Tyler who is not easily consoled it seems. He's just having a sort of grouchy afternoon. I thought he would be okay taking a nap as I got this all set up, but he started crying so I had to pick him up and hold him.

Yes, I will be so glad when Jon is home! It will be nice to have a few minutes to myself and not have to worry about how Tyler is doing even if he's a foot away from me and fast asleep. I worry about him a lot!

The past week has been crazy. It's a learning experience every day with him, from figuring out all of his different cries, to feeding him, to trying to get through the nights (he's been pretty good in that department but I'd like more than 2 hours of sleep at a time...) and sponge baths, and going out in the car... but I love all of it. I love him! It's the one thing in my life I couldn't really study for, like a test in school or trying to work out and lose weight to join the Navy. It's true challenge! And you can never be selfish with a baby. He comes first... no matter how badly I have to pee, how hungry or tired I may get, Tyler is the priority.

In the meantime, here are a few more pictures I took with my phone (I barely have time to get the camera ready but hopefully soon!) He's doing great. He's wonderful!

Naptime with Boots the Monkey
I'm cute and I know it!


The napping is good!

Handsome boy :o)



Laying with mommy





1 comment:

  1. It DEF isn't easy being a single (but not really) parent!!

    He is such a handsome little guy!!!! Carson has that starfish onsie too!!! Geez, they must have the same wardrobe!!!

    ReplyDelete