Monday, June 1, 2009

Getting better and better

We finally have some good news! I called over to the NICU before we headed out this afternoon, and they said that overnight Tyler had improved quite a bit... he was on a 75% oxygen feed and as they were gradually lowering the amount, he was tolerating it well... by the time we got there this afternoon he was at 40% and they want to get him down to at least 35% by tonight... maybe tomorrow he will be off his ventilator! All my fingers and toes are crossed!

He looks so much better though... I'm so amazed at the improvement. They did have a tiny tube going in through his belly button to monitor some things but the nurse I spoke to today said that tube was actually irritating him and causing him more harm than good... as soon as they took that tube out was when he started to show a big improvement. I'm beyond thrilled... it wasn't as hard to leave him today when I came home... still tough but I managed to not cry this time :o) and I was able to kiss him on the cheek before I left.

As of right now, the bare minimum length he is staying will be until this Saturday... they have to give him some antibiotics and other fluids and whatnot to get him all up to par and it's going to take until then. But the NICU doctor said most likely he will DEFINITELY be home on Monday of next week... at least it's something to look forward to! I hated not knowing, and going in every day thinking one day at a time... but now we have a little goal. I'm still insanely impatient though. Saturday would be great if he keeps up this awesome improvement!

Thank you to everyone keeping Tyler in your thoughts and prayers and sending him all the good positive vibes... I think it's truly helping him... he's quite the fighter, he's our little champ!!!

More updates to come tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad he is improving so fast. I was worried about little snot face. He's such a good boy getting better for you so fast. Has he been opening his eyes and lookint at you more? Little mamma's boy!

    Love you girl! (and little Tyler too! Tell him I love him!! It will give him healing love vibes!!)

    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete