Monday, June 8, 2009

Sunday Update (on Monday)

Tyler had a big day yesterday! He finally has all his oxygen tubes off... so he's down to one tube left, and it might not even be in him today after last night! :o) While I was changing his diaper, he decided he wanted to pull the feeding tube out of his nose... I didn't even notice until after the fresh diaper was on, and he was crying, and when I looked there was the tube all out! I think he definitely wants to come home now, he's tired of the hospital!

I'm so happy to see how great he's doing though. We attempted breastfeeding for the first time yesterday... not breastmilk in a bottle, but straight from the source! I admit I was scared out of my mind because I didn't think he would latch on or even want to try, but he did it for a little bit! I think he was freaked out by the size of the breast next to his face, since he's used to getting a bottle and he can see around it and look at everything, and then all of a sudden BAM! Can't see anything except Mommy's chest. But he did well, we only tried for about 10 minutes and then went back to the bottle. We'll both need some practice!

Tomorrow he might be able to come home... if not then Wednesday. I'm waiting on the results of his culture swabs he got over the weekend; Langley has a policy that when they get transferred babies from other hospitals that they need to be swabbed for MRSA and other "germs" and isolated until the results get back. The nurse yesterday said Tyler has been doing so well though and eating better and off the air flow that he probably won't be in much longer. We can't wait to have him home!

I'll update more this afternoon, there is lots to do today in case he does get to come home within the next day or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment