Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday update- 6 days old!

Tyler is having a great day today! He's finally taking a bottle more so they moved his feeding tube out of his mouth and into his nose (just in case he's too lazy to take the bottle) and he only has to be under his "tanning lamp" probably for just tonight... but he's not yellow anymore :o) He's completely off the oxygen feed now, but still has the little tubes in his nose with regular air flow to help encourage him to keep breathing. By Saturday he should be off his IV's and antibiotics and we can look at possibly bringing him home this weekend! I'm so thrilled!

It's still so amazing that he's making improvements by leaps and bounds... I don't expect anything crazy from him, I know he has to heal and grow on his own time, but each day he still surprises me when he surpasses all of my expectations. I couldn't ask for anything more from him, and even something as simple as being able to finally look into his eyes today meant the world to me. He's been sleeping pretty much the whole time he's been in the NICU but today he was wide awake and actually looking at me, and it stole my heart. I never get tired of just sitting there and looking at him...

Tomorrow he will officially be one week old! Again, I can't thank everyone enough for all of the support and love you've all shown for Tyler, Jon, and myself. It means everything to us and you are all appreciated!







2 comments:

  1. Awww.He's so adorable. It's amazing how much fight they have in them at such a young age.My last son had RSV at 2 weeks and he was asleep a lot in the PICU. I can still remember the first time he opened his eyes.Keep taking pictures even though this is a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so handsome, I can't wait to see him again!

    ReplyDelete