Thursday, June 11, 2009

YESSSSSS!!!

I got the greatest news in the world today... Tyler is coming home!!! This Saturday!!!

I called the NICU early this morning just to check on him and ask if I could bring in his car seat (he has to do a "car seat challenge", since he was a preemie he needs to sit in the car seat for a half hour and maintain stable vitals so he can be discharged) and the girl I spoke to said to wait, but he was doing great on his feedings and they were thinking of taking out his feeding tube today. So when I went in, the nurse was just finishing a feeding on him and she said she was going to take out his tube when he was all done... and now it's finally out!

He also got his frenulum snipped... the frenulum is that little piece of skin/membrane that holds your tongue to the bottom of your mouth, and they had said that could have been keeping him from eating properly since he was "tongue-tied", aka his frenulum was more attached than the average. He wasn't too thrilled about that but he only cried for a couple minutes and then it was over. They numbed him up before they did it so I *hope* it didn't hurt him too much. We also did more breastfeeding today with the lactation consultant, and Tyler is getting better at it... he stayed on for about 10 minutes this time without freaking out so we're making lots of progress!

I'm so happy though. Tomorrow night I'll be having a "sleepover" at the hospital with him and then we'll be coming home Saturday morning... and then life can really begin :o) I am blessed to have such an amazing son... and for great friends and family who stuck with us and hoped and prayed for Tyler's big improvements! Thank you everyone!

It's going to be such a long wait til he gets home... I can feel the hours dragging already...!

No comments:

Post a Comment